HPHA is an association of community members, public health professionals and organizations dedicated to improving public health. HPHA also serves as a voice for public health professionals and as a repository for information about public health in the Pacific.
Our mission is to promote public health in Hawai‘i through leadership, collaboration, education and advocacy.
Our vision is health equity in Hawai‘i and the Pacific and a strong public health workforce able to effectively respond to health challenges.
HPHA strives to promote health equity and overall well-being by:
- providing leadership and education on cross-cutting public health issues
- promoting advocacy and supporting coalitions for healthy communities, populations and environments
- fostering networks and training opportunities for public health professionals
- HPHA believes that health is a basic human right, and consequently seeks to be a voice for social justice
- HPHA recognizes the value of diversity and that specific problems and solutions arise for poor, rural and indigenous populations
- HPHA believes that decisions based on evidence-based principles form the core of public health practice
- HPHA is determined to be autonomous, independent and transparent
To view the present 2017 HPHA Constitution and Bylaws, click here.